One of the questions we most frequently get is, "what is the cost of a new roof?" The roof replacement cost depends on a variety of factors. If you are considering a new roof, make sure you choose a roofing company that will give you an in home estimate to discuss your options. Fiderio and Sons for example, offers a free consultation and $250 off the estimate price. Once a contractor has examined your home, they will be able to tell you what you can expect your new roof cost to be. Of course, each home is different and the estimate will be based off of the amount of labor required and materials used. If you are a homeowner wondering, how much will a roof replacement cost, the following factors will be considered in order to give you a quote.
- Size of roof- The size of your roof is one of the largest factors that will help to determine the roof replacement cost. In general, a roofing contractor will base the price off of the square footage of your new roof. In roofing speak, a square is typically considered to be a 10 foot square area. If a contractor uses less than a 10 foot square to do a repair, because shingles are sold by the square, you will still be charged for the full amount, however you may ask for the left over material in case of further repairs required in the future.
- Type of roofing materials for new roof- When you have made the decision to look into a roof replacement cost , another big factor in determining the cost, are the materials you choose to use. Asphalt shingles are the most common type of roofing material used in the United States. They are one of the most cost efficient options and come in a variety of styles and colors. Other options available are wood, metal, slate and clay, each offering pros and cons that will be decided upon based on the type of house you have and your individual needs.
- Steepness of roof- The height and steepness of your roof will also be a determining factor in your final roof replacement cost. The steeper your roof is, the higher the cost will be. Steeper and complex roofs require more materials and labor that will increase the final cost of your new roof.
- Type of home- Similar to why the steepness of your roof will increase the cost of a new roof, the type of home you have requiring a new roof, a one or two story for example, will also determine the roof replacement cost. A one story house typically will require less labor than a two story.
- Removal of old roof- The number of layers needing to be removed from an old roof will also impact the roof replacement cost. If there is only a single layer of shingles, a second layer sometimes may be able to go over this layer eliminating the need for any type of removal. This layer will need to be in fair condition so that the second layer can lay flat however. Some homeowners may choose to remove an old layer of shingles before hiring a contractor, however if you choose to do this yourself, make sure you have taken the proper safety precautions.
Ultimately your roof replacement cost will be determined by multiple factors, some that you may be able to control more than others. If you are interested in starting a new roofing project or have questions about a new home improvement design, give us a call today for a FREE in home consultation and $250 off the estimate price.