Have you ever sat down and truly visualized your perfect dream bathroom? If you need a break from your very hectic life, consider transforming your bathroom into your own personal zen-like refuge. A beautiful and relaxing bathroom can be like a slice of heaven for most homeowners. Creating the ideal Zen bathroom is easier than you may think, just follow these simple ideas.
How To Design A Zen-Inspired Bathroom
1) To transform your bathroom into a personal spa, first talk with your CT contractor about the floor plan. If you want a beautiful and open bathroom then you may want to consider drawing up a floor plan that allows for plenty of space. We recommend placing the bathtub by a window in the bathroom, to induce a more calming soaking and bathing experience. Also, consider creating a private corner or adjacent place for the toilet. Try adding a decorative screen if the toilet can not be easily concealed from view.
2) If you really want to build a Zen-inspired bathroom, look into the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui. According to Lucky Path Feng Shui, Feng Shui (or Wind and Water) is the practice of arranging your environment so that energy or "chi" flows gently and smoothly through your home or space. Your bathroom should be clean and clutter-free; a place for cleansing of the mind, body and spirit.
3) Create a Zen space by choosing more natural colors. We recommend bringing the color of the elements into your bathroom paint choices. Many bathroom designers suggest choosing neutral colors, like taupe, sand, gray, light greens and yellows. You can add oxygen and beauty to your bathroom by placing beautiful live plants throughout the room.
4) Invest in a relaxing and comfortable bathtub. Some of our favorite baths include the BubbleMassage Air Bath and Consonance whirlpool tub by Kohler. Whether you choose a standard shower or luxurious bathtub, make sure the surrounding area provides a soothing and comfortable atmosphere.
5) Add a little bit of luxury to your bathroom. Whether you choose to indulge in a gorgeous bathtub, install a beautiful vanity, put in marble counter tops or sculptural faucets, make something in the bathroom distinctly special. You can find plenty of inspiration for gorgeous bathroom remodeling ideas by checking Houzz.com or Pinterest, some of our favorite visual idea boards.
Check out CT bathroom contractors Fiderio & Sons' free dream bathroom guide below and start planning your perfect zen-inspired bathroom today!