CertainTeed’s Integrity Roofing System
By Blue Corona Dev Jun 19, 2013
‘A superior roof is stronger than the sum of its parts. That is CertainTeed’s explanation of how their Integrity Roof System works to create a roof that protects your Connecticut home day after day, year after year.
The Integrity Roof System consists of underlayments, shingles, accessory products and ventilation systems to provide protection from any type of weather, from brutal Nor’easters or ominous summer storms in Connecticut. There are five layers to the roofing system: starter shingles, WinterGuard, Roofer’s Select or Diamond Deck, CertainTeed Shingles and hip and ridge accessories.
Starter Shingles: Starter shingles serve two main purposes during a reroof: waterproofing and increasing durability. Laying a foundation of the asphalt-based shingles on the perimeter of your roof helps cover any water channels, therefore preventing any leaks, as well as provides a strong adhesive for the field shingles, decreasing the likelihood of shingle blow-off.
WinterGuard: WinterGuard is an advanced surface finish that stops ice dams and rain water from seeping into your home’s interior. Made of asphalt, which makes your roof vapor-tight, and polymers, which make the asphalt elastic and sticky, this protective barrier stretches and seals around a building to provide the first line of defense. WinterGuard can be finished in three different materials: sand, granular or high tack/high temperature film.
- Sand or Granular Finish: These materials work best with a tile roof and enhance traction during the roof’s application.
- High Tack/High Temperature Film: While the film is the most advanced underlayment for any type of roof, it is specially formulated to resist high temperatures that metal roofs tend to attract. Additional benefits include a high resistance to wears and tears and its ability to prevent water build-up on low-sloping roofs.
Roofer’s Select or Diamond Deck: These two options support and cover the WinterGuard layer act as the secondary barrier against roof leaks.
- Roofer’s Select: This underlayment provides extra resistance to wrinkling and tearing thanks to its fiberglass reinforcement core.
- Diamond Deck: Made of a synthetic underlayment and a scrim core, the DiamondDeck is extra water-resistant and therefore yet another layer of protection on your roof.
CertainTeed Shingles: CertainTeed provides three different types of high-quality shingles that are available in a variety of colors and styles to suit your home’s style.
- Strip Shingles: Strip shingles are the lightest roofing shingles on the market and have a very flat appearance, making them look like slate. Due to the industry’s technological advances, these shingles are generally used only as replacements for shingles that have blown-off the roof.
- Dimensional Shingles: The most common roofing shingle in North America, the dimensional shingle is a multi-layered material that provides a thicker and heavier appearance for ultimate roofing protection.
- Premium Shingles: A newer and more technologically advanced shingle, these designs mimic other materials, like slate or wood shakes. Its benefits include Impact Resistance and Solar Reflectivity technologies that help prolong the life of your roofing system.
Hip & Ridge Accessories: These specially designed shingles are made to fit and protect the hips and ridges of your home, which are the most common places for leaks and other roofing problems while providing the perfect finishing touch.
CertainTeed’s Integrity Roof System is backed by their SureStart warranty, which provides the ultimate coverage for your new roof. Under this guarantee, CertainTeed will repair or replace any defective shingles during the applicable period, with the option to extend the coverage to SureStart PLUS.
Fiderio & Sons is proud to offer installation of CertainTeed’s roofing systems and vinyl siding for your home. Visit our showroom in Meriden or click below to download our FREE Summer Roof Maintenance Checklist!