Which Shower Is Best for My Bathroom Renovation?
By fiderioandsons Dec 10, 2018
For many homeowners in Connecticut, showers are most appreciated for their efficiency. You can speed through your morning shower as you rush out the door, and you can rinse off quickly after a long day of work or errands.
Speed isn’t the only benefit of a shower-focused bathroom renovation, however. Depending on the styling and functional details you choose, you can enjoy many other advantages, too. Read on to find out more!
If you’re mainly interested in a shower for convenience, you should pay attention to more than just your daily routine. You also need to consider how easy your shower will be to maintain.
Here are how a few common bathroom renovation materials stack up:
- Tile walls and floors are certainly elegant, but they can also require a lot of grout, which is notorious for mold and mildew growth and may increase maintenance.
- Glass walls make any shower feel larger. Depending on the type of glass, you may need to regularly squeegee and dry to avoid unsightly water spots and mineral build-up.
- Stone exudes luxury and sophistication. However, natural materials can also be easily damaged by soap, so it’s important to rinse off the walls and clean them regularly with stone-safe detergent.
- Acrylic is perhaps the most convenient material to keep clean, especially if you choose panels that are installed without grout and built to resist mold and mildew.
Are you worried about slipping or falling in a standard shower stall? Then you may want to prioritize a walk in or roll in shower base with your next bathroom renovation. These low-threshold entries remove high walls to make showering safer for people of all physical mobility levels.
In addition to a barrier-free base, accessible bathroom designers may recommend other safety features such as:
- Safety grab bars
- Nonslip flooring
- Hand-held extendable shower heads
- Easy-to-reach towel bars
- Built-in or portable shower seating
- Flexible shower doors
Today, more and more Connecticut homeowners care about reducing their environmental footprint, and a bathroom renovation is the perfect place to start. To conserve water, choose a reduced-flow showerhead that limits the amount of water used per minute. Some showerheads will even let you adjust the flow rate each time you use them!
Just because a shower is convenient doesn’t mean that it can’t be something you truly savor as well. If you want to add a touch of luxury to your shower redesign, consider the following flourishes for a stylish, luxurious experience:
- Overhead skylights
- Built-in foot pedestals
- Wood or marble shower benches
- Massage or steam jets
- Rain showers
- Dual, multiple, or surround showerheads
- Digital shower controls
Build the Ideal Shower With Professional Bathroom Designers
As you can tell, designing your shower will be a series of trade-offs; some materials may be more in line with your aesthetic, but they may also require more maintenance. Some luxury touches will be more expensive, but they may be well worth the cost given how often you’ll enjoy them.
Fortunately, there’s no right or wrong answer, and professional bathroom designers can go a long way toward finding your perfect balance of convenience, safety, efficiency, and luxury. If you’re looking for some professional guidance with your upcoming bathroom renovation, contact the Connecticut bathroom remodelers of Fiderio & Sons! We’d love to meet with you for an expert consultation and custom remodeling quote—so give us a call or fill out our online form to start now.