Let’s Celebrate Earth Day Everyday with Eco-Friendly Remodeling
Eco-Friendly Remodeling Tips & Trends
While the calendar officially designates April 22nd as “Earth Day”, we don’t have to actually limit our mindful activities for just one day each year. Rather, let’s reflect our deep and lasting dedication to making the world a healthier place for future generations. It is all of our best interest to make every effort to keep Earth Day going as long as possible and part of our daily routines.
We’ve all heard about how important it is to follow the 3 R’s; reduce, reuse, and recycle, and while these are the most basic guidelines in protecting our planet, there are many more things we can do to help keep our planet healthy. When you start a home remodeling project with Fiderio & Sons, we always suggest what you can do to keep your home eco-friendly. Here’s a few tips:
- Energy Conservation
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use
- Use a programmable thermostat to set heat/cool temperatures. This can save on electricity bills and keep your home at an optimal temperature – saving your furnace and air conditioning unit from working only when it needs to.
- When it is time to replace your appliances consider energy efficient washer and dryer machines and other major appliances.
- Appliances marked with “Energy Star” ratings are eco-friendly, cost the same as standard machines, and reduce your utility costs over the course of their lifetimes.
- You can also recycle your old, unused or broken computers, tablets, phones and other electronics
- Consider an electric car to reduce emissions and gas usage
- Digital Records & Paper Reduction
- Save PDF’s and other docs at work instead of printing and using large quantities of paper
- Sign up for online billing & payment options to avoid paper bills
- Recycle Paper when possible
- Replace Your Light Bulbs
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) and LED bulbs may cost more to buy than incandescent bulbs, but they will save you money over the long run and they also last longer and use up to 90 percent less energy.
- Water Conservation
- Install a water filtration system. These systems are installed directly onto your kitchen faucet. They help remove 99% of lead in your water and over 70 other contaminants. This stops the need for bottled water, which reduces your plastic use.
- Home Remodeling Trends