Double Hung Window Installation & Replacement in Connecticut & Southwestern Rhode Island
Are you shopping for replacement windows in Meriden? Perhaps you want to install the perfect window style in your new home in Connecticut or Southwestern Rhode Island. One of the first decisions to make is what operating style you want to install. Double hung windows are the top choice for many homeowners who want a traditional style with many user-friendly and performance benefits.
Learn more about double hung windows here to help you decide if they’re the right style for your home. Then, contact Fiderio & Sons at 203-237-0350 for an installation estimate.
What Are Double Hung Windows?
This traditional European window style was brought over from England by American colonialists. To this day, double hung windows remain the most popular window style in the US. Here are the defining characteristics of double hung windows:
- Vertical operation: Double hung windows slide up and down. Don’t confuse this style with sliding windows, which open from left to right.
- Operable upper and lower sashes: Double hung windows can open from both the top and the bottom. Single hung windows look identical to the casual observer, but with this style, only the bottom sash opens.
- Tilting or removable sashes: Many new double hung windows feature sashes that tilt inward or lift out of the frame entirely for effortless cleaning.
- Spring balances: This support system is the key to keeping a double hung window open.
Find out if double hung windows are a good choice for your needs and home! Simply contact Fiderio & Sons now to schedule your consultation and talk to an expert!
Benefits of Double Hung Windows for Connecticut & Rhode Island Homes
The simplicity and versatility of double hung replacement windows could make them the right fit for your home. Here are some benefits to look forward to:
- Adaptable ventilation: The ability to open both sashes makes it easy to customize your ventilation options. For instance, opening the top sash in your child’s bedroom allows for fresh air to enter without creating a safety hazard. Then, opening the bottom sash of a second-story window makes it easy to climb out onto the roof for maintenance purposes. And opening both the top and bottom sashes halfway creates a lovely cross breeze.
- Low maintenance: Modern double hung windows constructed from durable frame materials require very little maintenance. All you have to do is clean the glass when it gets dirty, and tilting or removing the sashes makes that task a breeze.
- Energy efficiency: Modern double hung windows have double- or triple-pane glass with insulating air pockets between them. This improves the energy efficiency of your home to lower your heating and cooling costs in every season. Advanced glazing technology, such as low-E glass, can further enhance the performance of your replacement double hung windows.
- Boosted curb appeal: Expect your new windows to improve the appearance of your home, both inside and out. As a classic and adaptable window type, double hung windows look great with architectural styles ranging from modern to traditional and everything in between.
- Compatibility with window AC units: You have the option of installing window air conditioners in double hung windows, which is impossible with hinged casement windows and less convenient with horizontal sliding windows.
Book Your Double Hung Window Consultation Now
Still wondering if double hung windows are right for you? Fiderio & Sons installs this and many other types of windows. We can review your options to help you make the best choice for your budget, lifestyle, and aesthetic preferences.
Fiderio & Sons is a family-owned company with over 35 years of experience improving the beauty, functionality, and efficiency of our customers’ homes. We make it fast and easy to install new windows so you can begin enjoying the many benefits they have to offer.
For more information about installing new or replacement windows in your Connecticut or Southwestern Rhode Island home, please contact us today at 203-237-0350.