5 Ways to Find Your Perfect Bathroom Remodeler
By Your Fiderio Expert Mar 22, 2013
So you’re ready to remodel and revamp your bathroom, but now you don’t know where to start. You don’t need mega-bucks to transform your existing bathroom into a beautiful, relaxing and happy space. As a CT bathroom contractor, we know there are plenty of ways to renovate and redesign your bathroom with a budget. While prices for the average bathroom remodel can vary, the first thing you should do is find a great bathroom remodeler who will help create your dream bathroom with all of your needs in mind.
Before you invite just anyone into your home, make sure you have picked the perfect contractor for the job. Picking a remodeler can be like a marriage, you need to collaborate, communicate and coexist with them in your home.
Fiderio & Sons provides a few tips on how to find that perfect contractor to get your bathroom remodel done right, the first time.
1) Refer to trade groups that deal specifically with the job that you are looking for. You can always look to groups like the National Kitchen & Bath Association for bathroom designers and contractor referrals. Or, you can simply use the association as a resource to see what you want your final project to look like. Look for your local member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). Those businesses with a NARI logo are recognized for providing quality professional services.
2) Check licensing. Seems simple enough, but all general and specialty home improvement contractors should have proper licensing through the state. You can check with your state licensing board to make sure that the contractor has no current or past infractions. A professional remodeling contractor should have all the paperwork available for your review before signing any contracts.
3) The best way to find a contractor that does quality work is by looking at their finished projects. Question your friends, family and neighbors about their bathroom remodels. If they are proud of the work done, then they will most likely show you the remodel services provided to them. You can always cruise the Internet and look for “before and after” photos provided by contractors. A picture tells a thousand words, and can easily help you find the best bathroom contractor for the job.
4) Get estimates from more than one contractor. Don’t be embarrassed to schedule interviews with a few bathroom contractors. Talking with a few contractors it can definitely help you save money. Ask your potential contractors a lot of questions about budget, time lines and quality of work, to see if they will be the best option for your remodel. We recommend asking for a list of references and finding out what projects the contractor has completed in the last year.
5) Check their track record with the Better Business Bureau. Each state has its own BBB, so find your state and start searching. If you find an accredited business that has great reviews, then add them to your list of potential contractors. If the business meets the BBB accreditation standards this means they are also committed to making a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
Now that you have some great tips on how to find the perfect bathroom remodeler, you can get started on building your dream bathroom! Click the button below to download your free dream bathroom wish list guide.
Bath Remodel $300 Off
On Your Next Acrylic or Onyx Bath Remodel