Home Additions & Whole-Home Remodeling in Connecticut
Remodeling & Design-Build Experts Serving Connecticut
Your home is full of memories and traditions. If you’re looking for more space to accommodate a growing family, need a home office, or want to add square footage for any other reason, call Fiderio & Sons.
We can help you design and construct a home addition to create a more enjoyable living space that works for your needs today and into the future.
To learn how we can help you with a home addition or a whole-home remodel, request a consultation or call us to start the conversation. At Fiderio & Sons, we believe if you’ve grown tired of your home’s original design, an addition or whole-home remodel is the perfect way to fall back in love with your home.
Our family-owned and -operated design-build remodeling team has been crafting custom home additions for homeowners throughout Connecticut for nearly 40 years. With our extensive experience and custom design-build process, we can help you transform your current home into your forever home.
Design-Build Home Additions
Custom-designed home additions can fulfill a range of needs for Connecticut homeowners. They can create more usable space, add a recreational area, and put in a much-needed guest room or bathroom — the options are endless, and Fiderio & Sons can help.
From the initial meeting to planning your design, followed by the execution and cleanup, our team will demonstrate what our extensive experience and knowledge can produce for your home.
We’ve completed custom home additions for hundreds of homeowners in Meriden and surrounding areas. Our happy clients are a testament to our superior service, attention to detail, and care.
Ready to add more usable space to your Connecticut home?
Contact us to get started or learn more if you’re considering adding a kitchen, bedroom, or other addition.
Types of Home Additions
At Fiderio & Sons, we’re industry experts who will streamline your addition project at every stage. From start to finish, we’ll manage the builders, electricians, plumbers, and other specialists required to complete the job.
Some of our most popular home additions include:
- Room additions: We can design and build spacious bedrooms, luxurious bathrooms, or comfortable home offices. Room additions are perfect whether you’re adding a family member, seeking more living space, or aiming to enhance your comfort.
- Bump-outs: Bump-outs are a cost-effective, budget-friendly micro addition to any home. Rather than building an entirely new room, bump-outs are built on the side of the room and expand the available space in bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens, and more. They can range from a few square feet to several hundred square feet.
- Sunrooms/four-season rooms: Sunrooms and four-season rooms allow you to enjoy the outdoors year-round. These rooms can be opened in the summer to add air and light to your home and closed in the winter so you can enjoy the views in a warm, comfortable space with more than enough light to melt the winter blues away. These can be built over patios and porches, tucked above garages, and more.
- Garage conversions: One of the easiest and most cost-effective solutions to add space to your home is to convert your garage to suit your needs. In most cases, insulation, plumbing, and electricity are already in place and require moderate adjustment to support the renovation. Garages are ideal for converting into bedrooms, in-law suites, home offices, workshops, playrooms, and more.
We can design and build a broad range of home additions, including:
- House extensions
- Kitchen extensions
- Bathroom additions
- Bedroom additions
- Family room additions
- In-law apartment additions
- Sunroom additions
- Second-story additions
- Two-story additions
From planning and permits to completion and final walk-through, you can depend on Fiderio & Sons to design, build, and complete the home additions you need to enjoy the lifestyle you deserve.
Call 203-692-2405 for more information about our home additions and whole-home remodeling services.
Sometimes, you want a total do-over with your home — without moving. With our design experts and in-house craftspeople, we can help you transform your home with a whole-home remodel.
A whole-home remodel means renovating 50% or more of your home. Choose a few rooms or the whole house — the experts at Fiderio & Sons will help you generate a new floor plan that adds fresh design, more usable space, and better technology.
Contact our Connecticut design-build experts for:
- Custom kitchen remodels
- Primary bath remodels
- Remodeling for in-law suites
- Aging-in-place remodels
- Garage transformations
- Finished basement remodels
Our Home Additions in Connecticut
No project is too large or small for the home service experts and design-build specialists at Fiderio & Sons. In nearly 40 years of service, we’ve completed countless home additions and remodels, so contact us anytime to experience what it means to be served by an award-winning team that puts your needs first.
We proudly serve Meriden, Cheshire, Wallingford, Southington, and all of Connecticut with complete home remodels, renovations, and new home additions.
What are the benefits of a home addition?
You can count on benefits when you decide to build an addition. You’ll gain much-needed space you can use for storage or additional areas for general living needs. It will open up your home, making it less cramped and easier to move around. When an addition is well-built, it will also add value to your home.
What can I put in an addition?
You can turn your new addition into anything you desire. Most people who add an addition want a family room or a bedroom/bathroom combo. Your home addition can also be used as a half bath or sunroom. Include a ceiling fan and large windows for airflow and natural light.
Can I convert my garage into an addition?
If you have a partially finished attached garage, it won’t take much to turn it into another room or two. You can also turn it into an office space, making it easier to work from home.
If it’s a two-car garage, there’s ample space for you to turn the area into a family room or game room. Keep one section as a second doorway and put a large window on the other side for ample airflow and natural lighting.
Can I build my addition on my own?
While many people think they have what it takes to build their addition, it takes much more than carpentry skills. Any addition will need to be up to Connecticut’s strict building codes. You need a contractor who’s certified in both plumbing and electrical to approve the work. Doing it yourself may sound like a good idea, but it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
What are the benefits of hiring a professional contractor?
Hiring a professional contractor to complete your new home addition has several benefits. You know the work will be done right the first time, and it will be completed in much less time than if you did the job yourself.
Plus, all the work will pass inspection and be up to Connecticut’s strict building codes.